Listed below are the rules for RD2L. Players are expected to follow them to allow us to achieve a fair and good league experience for everyone involved.
The format of RD2L is described in the format document
Communication and Conduct
- All official admin communication will be done through the Discord server.
Participants may not engage in:
If you see any of the aforementioned behaviours, you can report it to Community Moderators or Admins or by messaging RD2LBot on Discord.
- Hate speech (verbal attacks based on a person’s race, religion, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, etc);
Conduct rules apply to both official games and Discord.
- Should a issue not covered by these rules arise, the solution will be handled at the admin's discretion.
- Only individual sign-ups are accepted.
- All sign-ups get reviewed by a division admin and may be vouched or denied at the division admins’ discretion.
- Participants may sign up as players or captains.
Participants must sign up with their main account.
- This account may not be used by any other player;
- Participants must alert the admins if the rank on this account does not accurately reflect their skill level, in which case the admins may adjust this rank for league balancing purposes;
- Participants must alert the admins to any alternate accounts they own, especially if they actively use them. Failure to do so may lead to removal from the league;
- All RD2L games must be played on the Steam account the participant used to sign up.
Participants must have a minimum of 500 games played on the account they sign up with.
- Participants who have fulfilled this requirement across multiple accounts, but not on a single one, will be reviewed and accepted or denied at the discretion of the admins.
- Participants should not register if they expect to miss more than 3 weeks in the season (including playoffs).
- Participants have the option of registering as stand-ins or free agents, and may be assigned to teams missing players throughout the season.
- Any participant breaking a rule will be punished at the discretion of the admins on a case by case basis.
- If a team loses a player, they have to ask for a free agent in accordance with the Free Agent Rules.
- Every player on a team’s roster must play at least half the games and series, unless circumstances prevent this.
- Since a team has 6 players a captain can choose to swap players inbetween series or between games within a series, but must play all players frequently.
Participants may play in multiple divisions, however at most in one sub-division per division.
Captains must ticket all games and series played.
- In case a game is not properly ticketed, the result of the game must be submitted with screenshots of the result to the division admin within 24 hours of the game.
- Players are expected to stay with their RD2L team until the season is over. Players that leave their teams before the season is over may be punished.
- Captains may not remove players from their team.
- All series are to be played in Captains Mode lobbies on Luxemburg, hosted and ticketed by one of the captains or an admin.
- Teams will do a coin flip for side/pick choice in the first game of a series. The loser of the game 1 coin flip has side/pick choice in game 2. In case of a game 3, the teams will do another coin flip.
- The lobby must have a minimum of 2 minutes of spectator delay.
The deadline for series is 21:00 CET for CET-WED and 20:00 CET for CET-SUN. It is suggested that players begin gathering in the lobby half an hour before start time in case a stand-in might be required.
- The standard start time for series changes in accordance with daylight saving time.
Captains may enforce penalties if their opponents are late. The penalties are as follows, and apply after the start time has passed:
- Past start time - Level 1 draft penalty;
- 5 minutes past start time - Level 2 draft penalty;
- 10 minutes past start time - Level 3 draft penalty;
- 15 minutes past start time - Game 1 forfeit;
- 20 minutes past start time - Series forfeit.
- If 20 minutes have passed and neither team is ready to play, a double forfeit is issued.
In order to claim a forfeit win or a penalty due to the other team not being ready, the captain must do the following:
- Take a screenshot of the ticketed lobby with the 5 players from the team’s official roster (or 4 players and an authorized stand-in) seated in the Radiant or Dire slots, ready to play, with the team name visible;
- Post the screenshot in the Captains channel on Discord, using mentions to notify a division admin and the opposing captain to state that you are claiming a forfeit win or enforcing a penalty;
- Each team is allowed up to 15 minutes of pause time per game for matters unrelated to a disconnected player, unless both teams agree to more.
- If a player does not reconnect, a team may continue playing without them. Controlling their hero is allowed.
- Pause time used to contact an admin in order to get a ruling does not count toward either total.
- Teams have up to 15 minutes after a game to create a lobby for the next game in the series.
- If the teams wish to delay a game to another date, approval of the division admin is required.
- Caster all chat is strictly prohibited at all times.
- Fake GG calls are not allowed.
- Players are allowed to stream their RD2L games. Stream cheating is not allowed.
The game may be remade if:
- There is a major issue affecting gameplay and both team captains agree to remake;
- A player selects a wrong hero, the team may have the game remade with the same hero picks for both teams. This remake must be requested before the 1 minute before the first bounty rune spawns.
- Scripts and macros are prohibited in official RD2L games. Players using scripts and macros in official games may be punished with a retroactive forfeit.
- If a game breaking bug is found, the admins reserve the right to ban the abuse of the bug. Players discovering game breaking bugs must inform the admins. Abusing a game breaking bug may lead to a forfeit.
- A team missing one of their players is eligible to use a stand-in for that player.
- The standin must currently have a badge equal or lower to the sign-up badge of the player they are replacing.
- The stand-in must have played at least 1 season of RD2L or any tournaments held on the RD2L platform (such as RD2L mini).
- Both the admins and opposing captain must be notified about the stand-in. To do so, ping both the admins and the opposing captain in the #captains channel with the names and dotabuff links of both the missing player and the standin.
- A captain may share his concern that a stand-in is not fair with the admin in charge of confirming the standin.
- The admins have the final say on whether the stand-in is allowed or not.
- Teams may only use 1 stand-in per game.
- The use of a stand-in caused by not yet having received a free agent will not count toward the above total.
- The use of an unauthorized stand-in may be punished by a retroactive forfeit for the offending team.